Planning & Zoning
The Department of Planning & Zoning coordinates planning activities within Calvert County Government, including those of the Planning Commission, the Board of Appeals and other boards and commissions. The department consists of: Planning and Development Review, Zoning, Permitting and Citizen Relations, Long Range Planning, the Division of Inspections & Permits, and Appeals, Variances and Exceptions. The department administers the zoning ordinance, subdivision regulations and the building code. It provides information and guidance to the community and to the Board of County Commissioners concerning growth and development in Calvert County.
To maintain or improve the quality of life for county residents by providing quality planning, zoning and code enforcement services to Calvert County at the direction of the Board of County Commissioners.
We welcome your feedback. Please take our Customer Satisfaction Survey. Thank you.
- Email J. Mark Willis, Director
- Email Mary Beth Cook, Deputy Director, Zoning Officer
- Email Britany J. Waddell, AICP, Deputy Director, Planning, Board of Appeals
- Email Carolyn Sunderland, AICP, Planning Commission Administrator
- Email Judy Mackall, Zoning Planner
- Email Joe Hawxhurst, Division Chief, Inspections and Permits
- Email Nichole White, Permits Coordinator
- Email Jenny Plummer-Welker, AICP, Long Range Planner
- Email Christopher Breedlove, Chief Zoning Enforcement
- Email Denise Cherry, Manager, Administrative Services
- Email Terry Williams, Development Review Coordinator
Planning & Zoning publishes Breaking Ground, a quarterly newsletter with information on policy and procedure changes affecting development in Calvert County.
The Calvert County Department of Planning & Zoning today released a draft update to the Calvert County Transportation Plan. Citizens are encouraged to review the plan and provide comments on the draft. Read on...
The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners voted to adopt the July 2019 draft of the Calvert County Comprehensive Plan. The plan replaces the Comprehensive Plan adopted in 2004 and as amended in 2010. Read on...