Bulk Item Pick Up
The Calvert County Solid Waste Division offers county residents free bulk item pick-up services for many large items. Residents are permitted to bring large items to Appeal Landfill themselves.
- There is a limit of up to three items per scheduled pick-up. If you have more, additional pick-ups dates will need to be scheduled.
- Indoor furniture and large, indoor appliances only. See examples of eligible items below.
- Items must be placed at the end of your driveway or property (curb line), where the front of your private property meets a public road. Staff cannot go on private roads.
- Residents only; no businesses please
- Pick-ups are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Refrigerant appliances, such as refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners, all require a pre-payment fee of $10.00 before pick-up is scheduled. Fee is payable by cash or check.
How do I schedule a pick-up?
Schedule a pick-up appointment by calling the Appeal Landfill at 410-326-0210 during business hours or submit an online request.
How do I schedule a pick-up of a refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner, dehumidifier or water cooler?
These appliances contain a refrigerant which must be safely removed. The disposal fee is $10.00 per refrigerant appliance whether it is picked-up or brought to Appeal Landfill. There is no fee for non-refrigerant appliances, such as stoves, washers, dryers or dishwashers.
- Please follow the "Important Guidelines" listed above in preparing your appliance for pick-up.
- Call the Solid Waste Division, 410-326-0210, to request a pick-up and receive a call number. If you use the online request form, we will contact you with your call number.
- Pay by cash or check only
- Cash: payable at Appeal Landfill or at the County Treasurer's Office. Provide your call number.
- Check: payable in person at Appeal Landfill or County Treasurer's Office or by mail. Make the check payable to "Calvert County Treasurer". Include your call number, driver's license number and phone number on the check.
- Checks can be mailed to: Solid Waste Division P.O. Box 1330 Lusby, MD 20657
- Pick-up is scheduled once payment is received. You will be contacted about your scheduled pick-up date.
What items can be picked-up?
Click on the tabs below to find out if something can or cannot be picked-up. If you are unsure, please call the Solid Waste Division 410-326-0210.
- chairs (all indoor types)
- sectionals (each piece counts as one item)
- tables (all indoor types)
- dressers (and dresser mirrors)
- file cabinets
- china cabinets/credenzas
- entertainment centers/TV stands
- bed frames/head boards
- mattresses/box springs
- water heaters/water tanks
- refrigerators/freezers ($10.00 fee)
- air conditioners ($10.00 fee)
- outdoor/patio/wicker furniture
- picnic tables
- grills (all types)
- lawnmowers (all types)
- weed trimmers
- farm equipment
- heat pumps
- toys/play equipment
- exercise equipment (all types)
- recreational equipment (all types)
- musical instruments
- lamps (all types)
- yard debris (such as trees, shrubs, weeds, etc.)
- electronics (such as computers, printers, copiers, stereos, etc.)
- game tables/pool tables
- arcade machines
- flooring materials (such as carpet, padding, tile, vinyl flooring)
- wall materials
- masonry/plumbing materials
- roofing materials
- kitchen/bathroom cabinets