- 24-Hour Hotline
- Phone: 301-855-1075
Al Anon/ Alateen
- Phone: 1-888-425-2666
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Phone: 800-492-0209
- Calvert County Health Department
- Phone: 410-535-5400
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Phone: 410-535-5400 ext. 359
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Phone: 202-399-5316
- Drug Free
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Teen Drug Abuse
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Get Smart About Drugs
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meetings
Alcoholics Anonymous of Calvert County has a complete, up-to-date listing of local meeting locations, dates, and times. Call the facility to verify dates and times.
Al-Anon & Alateen
Al-Anon is a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who believe their lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. Alateen is a part of Al-Anon and is for teenagers who have been affected by someone else's drinking. Al-Anon and Alateen meetings often run concurrently with AA meetings. Directory of Southern Maryland Meetings (PDF). Please call the facility of your choice for verification.
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) Meetings
The Chesapeake and Potomac Region of Narcotics Anonymous provides a complete, up-to-date listing of meetings. View the current list.
We encourage you to contact the facility to verify dates and times.
Proper Disposal of Prescription Drugs
You can view the Federal Guidelines for the Proper Disposal of Prescription Drugs (PDF) online.
Local Prescription Drop Box locations:
- Calvert County Sheriff's Office, 30 Church Street, Prince Frederick
- Maryland State Police, Barrack "U", 210 Main Street, Prince Frederick
Support Group Meetings Available In Calvert County
You can view local support group meetings in Calvert County (PDF) online. Meeting times and locations are subject to change. You should contact the location to make certain the meeting is being held as scheduled.
Parent Support Groups
- Parents Affected By Addiction (based in St. Mary's County) (This group alternates meetings between the three Southern Maryland counties). Email us for meeting information
- Parents of Teens Unite (based in St. Mary's County) Email Emily Harman
- Sanity Support Group
Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
Location: Emmanual Church (back modular), Huntingtown, Maryland
Contact: Church Office at 410-257-9188 or Marye Causey at 301-602-2450
- Families Anonymous
Opioid Overdose Information
- Maryland Behavioral Health Administration - Overdose Prevention
- Governor's Initiatives 2017
- Get Help Now
Are you seeking information on facilities in Maryland that offer substance abuse, and/or mental health treatment? Then use the "Get Help Now" link to connect with the SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator, Maryland Crisis Hotline OR your local Health Department Representative
Before It's Too Late
Before It's Too Late is the statewide effort to bring awareness to the rapid escalation of the heroin, opioid, and fentanyl crisis in Maryland–and to mobilize all available resources for effective prevention, treatment, and recovery before it's too late…
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids Videos
- Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse, Inc. (CAASA), "The Apple" video
Shares some common signs of drug use as it relates to paraphernalia and "hiding" drugs. While it doesn't show every "sign" that might be out there, we are hopeful that the viewer will seek out more information from the various websites listed at the end of the video.
- FBI "Chasing the Dragon" - The Life of an Opiate Addict