Animal Matters Hearing Board
The Animal Matters Hearing Board (AMHB) will hear and decide administrative appeals pertaining to the enforcement of the provisions of Chapter 7 of the Calvert County Code; and the only advisory board to make recommendations for the amendment to the chapter.
A person aggrieved by the decision of the AMHB could petition the Circuit Court to review that decision.
The Animal Matters Hearing Board shall consist of at least five (5) and not more than seven (7) members.
- One shall be with an affiliation with an animal welfare rescue group;
- One shall be with a professional animal organization such as a hunt club, American Kennel Club, or K-9 search and rescue;
- One Deputy Sheriff, selected by the Sheriff;
- One shall be a Veterinarian, or Veterinarian Technician (with three or more years of experience);
- Up to three (3) members shall be citizens (without affiliation of an animal welfare rescue group)
Dr. Nancy E. Ball, Veterinarian
Mr. Charles A. Bucy, Citizen
Ms. Laurel M. Matthews, Animal Welfare Rescue Group Affiliation
Ms. Karen Maxey, Citizen
Mr. Thomas S. Phelps, Deputy
Ms. Denise R. Pinder, Citizen
Ms. Helen A. Prince, Professional Animal Organization Affiliation
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday, monthly, at 6:30 p.m. at the Public Safety Building, 315 Stafford Road, Prince Frederick, MD 20678. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
Animal Matters Hearing Board complies with the Open Meetings Act by publishing monthly meetings: Agendas and Minutes
Contact Frances Rose via email, Executive Administrative Aide, Animal Shelter.