Parks and Recreation
Open Facilities & Operating Hours
All other Parks and Recreation facilities remain closed until further notice in accordance with Gov. Larry Hogan’s executive orders in response to COVID-19.
The Department of Parks & Recreation is in the business of planning, developing, implementing and professionally managing the parks, programs, policies and procedures, facilities, special events and leisure services established under the leadership of the Board of County Commissioners, County Administrator, Parks Administration, and the associated advisory boards of Calvert County.
As the Department of Parks & Recreation, we value being able to SERVE. Our values are:
- Sustainability - safeguard, care, preserve, conserve, efficiency, stewardship
- Engaged - energized, involved, positivity, motivated, collaborative
- Respectful - appreciative, considerate, cooperative, perceptive
- Visionary - innovative, enthusiastic, forward thinking, big picture
- Excellence - quality, integrity, ownership, transparent, accountable
Vision and Mission
The Calvert County Department of Parks & Recreation strives to enhance the health, economy and well-being of our community through sustainable practices, leisure opportunities and environmental stewardship.
In partnership with Calvert County residents, the Department of Parks & Recreation cultivates programs, parks and services that positively impact quality of life; preserve natural and cultural resources; promote economic stability; and satisfy community needs for opportunities in recreation, wellness, knowledge, and connecting with nature.