Planning & Zoning
UPDATE: Please Call 410-535-2348 or 410-535-1600 x2356 or 301-855-1243 x2356 to leave a Department message
The Department of Planning & Zoning coordinates planning activities within Calvert County Government, including those of the Planning Commission, the Board of Appeals and other boards and commissions. The department consists of: Planning and Development Review, Zoning, Permitting and Citizen Relations, Long Range Planning, the Division of Inspections & Permits, and Appeals, Variances and Exceptions. The department administers the zoning ordinance, subdivision regulations and the building code. It provides information and guidance to the community and to the Board of County Commissioners concerning growth and development in Calvert County.
To maintain or improve the quality of life for county residents by providing quality planning, zoning and code enforcement services to Calvert County at the direction of the Board of County Commissioners.
We welcome your feedback. Please take our Customer Satisfaction Survey. Thank you.
- Email Mary Beth Cook , Director
- Email Judy Mackall, Deputy Director, Zoning
- Email Carolyn Sunderland, AICP, Deputy Director, Planning
- Email Paul J. Conover, CFM, Planning Commission Administrator
- Email Joe Hawxhurst, Division Chief, Inspections and Permits
- Email Nichole White, Permits Coordinator
- Email Jenny Plummer-Welker, AICP, Long Range Planner
- Email Christopher Breedlove, Chief Zoning Enforcement
- Email Denise Cherry, Manager, Administrative Services
- Email Terry Williams, Development Review Coordinator
Planning & Zoning publishes Breaking Ground, a quarterly newsletter with information on policy and procedure changes affecting development in Calvert County.
Sign up to get Breaking Ground delivered to your inbox.