Calvert County Government is taking precautionary measures to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and limit the number of people infected, particularly older adults and those with chronic health conditions.
Effective Friday, April 3, 2020
Public Transportation will be providing only ADA paratransit and Demand Response Service for passengers needing essential trips along normal fixed routes, Monday – Friday. Saturday transit service is cancelled until further notice. Those passengers needing transportation for essential trips should contact the Transportation office at 410-535-4268 to schedule their ride.
The county has launched a virtual resource center on its website to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19, including any precautionary measures, guidance and closures. Residents, employees and media are encouraged to regularly monitor the page and use the resources available at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus.
COVID-19 Prevention Tips
These everyday preventive steps have proven effective at slowing the spread of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu:
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using standard cleaning practices.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• If you are sick, stay home, except when seeking medical care. Stay informed by visiting the Calvert County Government website at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov.
Calvert County, through the Public Transportation Division of the Department of Community Resources, serves the transportation needs of the general public as well as the elderly and persons with disabilities. The county provides eight fixed routes and four demand-response/para-transit routes to link residents with major shopping, medical and employment areas, as well as with public services available in Prince Frederick.
To provide a high quality transportation service to the citizens of Calvert County that is safe, dependable and responsive to the needs of the community.
Public Transportation Bus Rules & Regulations
- Have fare ready BEFORE boarding the bus (change is provided in the form of a change card, drivers do not carry cash).
- To flag the bus, be at a safe location along the route and be on the appropriate side of the street (boarding side of the bus). Be clear in flagging the driver. If you are able, call the Transportation Office ahead of time so the driver can be notified to be looking for you. This will decrease your chances of being missed or not seen by the driver.
- All carry-on packages must be brought on in a single entry.
- Seats may NOT be used for any item. Only items small enough to fit on your lap or under legs are permitted.
- All Calvert County Public Transportation vehicles accept trained service animals as well as persons using respirators, concentrators or portable oxygen.
- Strollers are allowed (one per passenger) provided they are folded and do not block passenger access.
- NO SMOKING, EATING, DRINKING, GUM POPPING, SEAT CHANGING, LOUD TALKING (INCLUDING CELL PHONES), FOUL LANGUAGE, BARE FEET OR SHIRTLESS BACKS.
- Playing of ANY audio and/or electronic game devices is allowed ONLY with use of headsets.
- Children must be kept under control and seated at all times. Children under 12 must be with an adult.
- Disruptive behavior, intoxication or harassment of others will result in loss of riding privileges.
- Remain seated until bus has reached your destination and has fully stopped.
- Bus drivers are not permitted to talk while bus is moving. Please hold any questions until the bus has stopped.
- We are not responsible for lost items. Found items will be turned in to the office where they may be picked up the next business day.
- Scheduled times are approximate. Please be at scheduled locations five minutes early.
- Proper ID is required for reduced fare discount