Water and Sewer
Calvert County Water & Sewer Division Commitment to Safety of Staff & Citizen during Pandemic
March 18, 2020
The Department of Public Works, Water and Sewerage Division plans to continue operations throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to protect our staff and customers, we ask that you consider the below preventive measures when conducting water and sewer business.
- Conduct as much water and sewer business as possible by phone or internet. As of Wednesday, March 18th, our Billing / Customer Service office remain open and staffed.
- Make credit or debit card payments using Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards through the online portal eGovPlus. A 3% convenience fee will be charged to your credit card at time of check out.
- Mail checks to Calvert County Treasurer or drop off in the yellow mailbox for after-hours night drop located in the rear parking lot of the courthouse on the side entrance, near the handicap parking spots.
- Set up an online bill payment through your bank. Please check with your bank to determine if this service is available.
- Be aware that Water and Sewerage crews and customer service representatives will not enter homes during the state of emergency.
If county offices close, the Billing / Customer Service office will be closed to walk-ins and to assist with on-line payment processing. Service operations and emergency response will continue, and no water or sewer service will interrupted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Calvert County Water and Sewerage Division at 410-535-1600 ext. 2554.
The Water and Sewerage Division operates and maintains the water and sewer facilities in Calvert County. Vital services include:
- Administering construction of capital improvement projects
- Providing environmental resources and outreach
- Providing water resources and the conservation, maintenance and preservation of water facilities and wastewater treatment plants
- Repairing water and sewer lines
To enhance the quality of life in Calvert County through the delivery of clean water, collection and treatment of wastewater and maintenance and inspection services.
Calvert County lives by this mission and in the Spring of 2018 won best tasting water.
Email James W. Ritter, Division Chief
Email Andy Hipski, Project Engineer II
Email Emily Matthews, Project Engineer II
Email Karl Holzberger, Infrastructure Superintendent
Vacant Position, Operations Superintendent
Email Toni Zinn, Executive Administrative Aide
Email Tammy Jones, Administrative Aide