Park Hours, Closures and Holiday Schedule
Trail and Facility Closures
Calvert County Government is taking all necessary measures to protect public health and welfare. It is important to follow public health recommendations, advisories and protective actions to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and limit the number of people infected. Most current information is on the Calvert County COVID-19 VIrtual Resource Center.
The following parks are open for Calvert County Residents Only with adjusted operational hours:
- Kings Landing Park (Regular Hours)
- Flag Ponds Nature Park (Regular Hours)
- Biscoe Gray Heritage Farm (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Hughes Memorial Tree Farm (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Dunkirk District Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Hallowing Point Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Cove Point Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
- Solomons Town Center Park (8:30 a.m. to civil twilight)
All other county parks are closed to the public.
All parks will be closed from Friday, April 10 through Sunday April 12 for the Easter weekend.
All county offices and park buildings will be closed, there are no restroom facilities or water fountains available.
The following amenities are closed: tennis courts, skate parks, dog parks, basketball courts, ball fields, playgrounds, pavilions, beaches, and campgrounds.
- All piers and ramps are closed to recreational boating and fishing pursuant to Executive Order of the Governor 20-03-30-01.
- Gathering of groups are limited to no more than 10 people.
- Capacity at each park will be adjusted to maintain social distancing.
- Patrons will not be allowed to wait at a park gate to gain entry once capacity is reached.
- Exercise activities such as walking, hiking, or running are permitted while adhering to 6-foot social distancing measures.
- Users will be restricted to a maximum of 2 hours at any park location and must give information (name, County of residence, number of people in vehicle / party) to park staff upon arrival where park staff are on site.
COVID-19 Status: CLOSED
COVID-19 Status: Open regular hours. Beach and Pier closed
REGULAR: Mondays and Fridays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Last entry one hour before park closes.
NOTICE: No walk-ins allowed at Flag Ponds Nature Park when the gate is closed.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: Weekdays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gate, beach & pier close 1/2 hour before park closes.
Reminder: an entry fee (or valid season pass) is required.
COVID-19 Status: Open regular hours. Pier, Pavilions, Challenge Course closed
REGULAR: Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Last Entry at 4:30 p.m. Free.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gate & pier close at 7:30 p.m. Free.
Other Natural Resources Facilities:
- Biscoe Gray Heritage Farm COVID-19 Status: Open 9 am-5PM
- Hughes Tree Farm (external link): COVID-19 Status: Open 9 am-5 pm
- Hutchins Pond: (external link) COVID-19 Status: CLOSED
- Lower Marlboro Wharf :COVID-19 Status: CLOSED
- Nan’s Cove (Open 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.): COVID-19 Status: CLOSED
- Gatewood Preserve (parking area by entrance gate): COVID-19 Status: CLOSED
Solomons Boat Ramp (status pending State guidance) & Fishing Pier: COVID-19 Status: CLOSED
Ward Farm Recreation & Nature Park is not open to the public.
Information on other Parks & Recreation Facilities (district parks, Hall Aquatic Center, Chesapeake Hills Golf Course, etc.)