Housing Authority Programs
Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Housing Authority of Calvert County (HACC) administers 346 federal Housing Choice Vouchers. HACC's Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program allows low-income families to rent quality housing in the private market via federal funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Through the HCV Program, HACC pays a portion of eligible families' rent each month. These payments are made directly to the property owner/manager. Participating families can use their vouchers to rent a house or apartment from private property owners throughout Calvert County. This program helps families realize their potential and cultivate their personal, economic and social skills to support the transition from subsidized to non-subsidized housing.
Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
Project Based Vouchers
HACC owns and maintains 72 site-detached single-family RAD dwellings. RAD allows public housing agencies to leverage public and private debt and equity in order to reinvest in the public housing stock
Housing for Seniors and the Disabled
HACC owns and/or manages
- Calvert Pines I Apartments, Prince Frederick - 52 units
- Calvert Pines II Apartments, Prince Frederick - 48 units
- Southern Pines Apartments, Lusby - 76 units
- Calvert Loan Program provides loans for builders and homeowners.
- Rental Allowance Program provides short-term housing rental assistance.
- Special Loan Program provides rehabilitation loans for low- and moderate-income homeowners.