The United States is required to perform a national count of all people living in each state every ten years (U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 2).
The Census 2020 Data Impacts Our Community in the following Ways:
- Determines representation in Congress and impacts local legislative districts;
- Is the basis for funding critical programs and services;
- Assists local decision-making for economic development, school construction and transportation projects, as well as public health, public safety and emergency planning
Federal Funds potentially lost for each person is $1,800 per person each year for 10 years!
Why is the Census Important?
The U.S. Census Bureau can not conduct the 2020 Census alone. Success of the Census depends on community involvement at every level.
What is the 2020 Census Complete Count Committee:
- Volunteer committees established by tribal, state, or local governments and/or community leaders or organizations to increase awareness and motivate residents to respond to the Census 2020.
- Serve as state and local "census ambassador" groups that play an integral part in ensuring a complete and accurate count of the community.
Complete County Committee Upcoming Meeting Announcements:
(Meetings are subject to change)
When: Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM
Audio/Video Conference Call (Information for the Audio/Video Conference call
is on the agenda)
Executive Order (PDF)
Calvert County Census 2020 Flyers
SEA CONTADO - Spanish (PDF)
County staff has prepared Census messages intended to assist Complete Count Committee members and partner organizations with creating and sharing census messages that will serve to educate, inform and motivate residents to complete the census questionnaire online, by phone or by mail. The pre-written messages of varying lengths and detail, as well as key message points that can be combined and adapted to suit the channel and intended audience are available in Word and PDF formats, below.
Census 2020 Timeline for Residents
March 12-20 Households to receive an invitation to respond online.
March 16-24 Households receive a reminder letter.
March 26-April 3 Households receive a reminder postcard if they have not responded.
April 1 Census Day
April 8-16 A reminder letter and paper questionnaire mailed to households.
April 20-27 Final reminder postcard mailed to households.