Gambling Permit Review Committee
The committee reviews applications for gaming permits and makes recommendations for approval or denial to the Board of County Commissioners. In addition, the committee has the responsibility to conduct studies of the county’s regulations governing gambling activities and make recommendations to the BOCC for amendments, modifications, and additions thereto.
There shall be five members appointed by the BOCC, including a member of the clergy, a law-enforcement officer, an individual with a background and experience in the field of finance, and two other citizens. The term of each member is four years.
- 8:30 am
- Second Friday Quarterly (March, June, September, and December)
- Dream Weaver Cafe & Catering
Prince Frederick, MD
Open Meetings Statement
The Gambling Permit Review Committee complies with the Open Meeting Act by making agendas and minutes for our quarterly meetings available at Agendas and Minutes.
Please see the Calvert County Rules and Regulations (PDF) for the Gambling Permit Review Committee
- The first step is to establish your 501(c)3 as a Qualified Organization (PDF)
- BINGO/PULL-TABS: A permit is required in December for the following year if your organization would like to have a Charitable Bingo or Pull-Tab (PDF) event, this permit is valid for a calendar year and a Report Summary (PDF) is required once you have completed the events for the approved year.
- GAMBLING: A permit is required quarterly if your organization would like to have a Charitable Gambling (PDF) event, this permit is valid for up to six dates per quarter as follows:
- In December permits are reviewed for dates from January through March,
- In March permits are reviewed for April through June,
- In June permits are reviewed for July through September,
- In September permits are reviewed for October through December.
- A Financial Disclosure Statement and Report Summary (PDF) is required 15 days after approved events.
Keisha Arthur, 410-535-2160
The Department of Assessment and Taxation website has changed; view new site.